I offer one-to-one, individual therapy (currently only via telehealth due to covid-19). Everyone’s reasons for deciding to seek therapy are different, but therapy may be helpful if you’re noticing:
- When you talk with your partner(s), you notice that you’re either exploding or “shutting down”
- Things are “mostly OK,” but you’re finding yourself holding back from talking with your partner(s) about what you really want because you’re worried about their response, or because you feel like you can’t have what you want because [fill in the blank], so why even bother talking about it?
- You and your partner(s) talk about things, but it feels like you’re just spinning your wheels, repeating the same things to each other over and over, getting stuck at the same points
- You’re feeling discouraged by negative/critical/shaming reactions from family and friends when they find out about the way you’ve structured your relationship(s), or you continue hiding parts of your relationship(s) from them because you anticipate feeling rejected–even though hiding it is exhausting
- Your partner brought up the idea of opening the relationship or exploring consensual non-monogamy, and you still can’t decide whether it feels like they’ve just handed you a golden ticket or a ticking time bomb
If this is how you’re feeling and you need someone to help talk it through, schedule a free consultation to get started.